Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Where home is...

I bought 2 new trees for the garden yesterday (all the big, mature, established trees have been fenced *out* of my enclosed garden -.- so yesterday I decided to give into the my green thumb cravings and go get the start of my new garden. If I'm going to be here for at least a year, I might as well enjoy it.

So this week there's planting going on of "upright rosemary", peppermint, strawberries, "fruit salad" trees and I'm bordering all of the flower beds with cactus es to keep the dogs from hopping over my small little bed fences to get in and squash the poor flowers.

Oh... and I'm *still* unpacking. I didn't know I had this much stuff...
But! I have not become a recluse in the process... I promise. I had such a fantastic potjie kos outing at 2 amazing people on Sunday while our puppies romped around the yard with one another.
Also being out at Henley Arms again when there *isn't* a market, is rather refreshing.

Now to fuel up on some rooibos tea and get some more unpacking and cleaning done.
Later humans!

~CJ~

No comments: