Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Got a phone call... inbetween all the messages that were streaming in on my phone, from someone I have to honestly say I'm glad to know.
He very oddly asked me what my new years' resolutions were for this year... and I, honestly replied, I don't have any. But that hasn't stopped me from having "life changing" resolutions happen during last year. And most of those have been about changing *me*.
After a bit of laughs and well wishes, we said happy new years and goodbye.
I may have lost people like him over the last few years, and then been found again by them, but I can honestly say that I was lucky to have met him a few years back, and I'm very blessed that he even still gives me a moments thought at any time of any day.

That's what I want. I want people to know they've left a mark on my life for the better, no matter what our differences have been. No matter the petty/trivial fights and arguments and disagreements. There's always been something good that some people have left with me.
To those people... thank you.

To "the guys" who spent most of today with me, just relaxing in my new house. I am so lucky to know you three. My heart is in such a good place around you!

I spent the last few minutes of sunset today, on my little porch, under the pagola... drinking hot rooibos tea, watching my 3 puppy monsters play on our small lawn. Gah! I also got to spend some time with the 2 horsebeasts... and so I consider my first day of 2013 to be a success.

No anger. No foul language. No rage. No sadness. Just an all encompassing peace and serenity.

.... now for the rest of the year ;)

No comments: