Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Calming centre... and puppies at your feet

As I pack things for the move into the car, I'm surrounded by the hot, clear skied sunshine of mid-Summer here in the Vaal.
I also have to skip and hop with boxes in my arms as I dodge puppy monsters trying their best to twist eachother around my ankles.

This is the life... at least its the one I want so earnestly.
Peaceful. Simple.
I really am going to relish the 3 and half weeks I have left of leave... I just wish the life I find myself surrounded by in this time, could stretch onward to become the norm.
Sigh.

The biggest part of the move (in my opinion) happened yesterday. All the biggest furniture is now at the new house.
Today its boxes of crockery, linens, art and Wonder Struck Inc. components that are being sent up to the new place in excitement for the new stretch... ready to take on 2013 with another level of positivity I never knew that *I* was able to have.

2 days ago I quickly dropped off the Christmas gifts with the ladies, and they hopefully were completely honest on how much they liked their gifts.
A beautiful woodgrain salad bowl for the chef, and a pewter tool kit for the crafty.
They also drove with me to come see the shell of the new home (before anything was in it) and the chef was already telling me how I should do my garden ;) what a farm girl!
I then spent some time watching The Brave with them at their place, before coming back to the reality that was the packing process.

To be honest... only about 30% of what needs to still be moved is in boxes....closed *moving* boxes.
Sigh
I know I'll get around to the rest today... hopefully. But there's a lingering of being away from the parental unit...as the stepmom and I jest about "wanting our space" and "buggaring off" and "thankful to be rid of"...
Who ever doesn't have a sense of humour would think I have the worst relationship with them...
When I was near being destitute and irreparably broke...my parents took me in again. They helped me get back on my feet and... dare I say that my understanding and relationship with them has improved tenfold since being with them for that time.
But... as much as I love them, to be in my own home AGAIN will be exhilarating. And the SPACE!

Ok... so back to work then. Packing and driving is in store for today.

Have the greatest of Thursdays humans!

Live love laugh

No comments: