Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Being Grateful...


Sigh... as the year closes there are things that have come to light and are seeing closure.

For one, my ex-stable landlord and I have seen the end to the lies, stories and admittedly, an end to the pity that I've at least been having over the last few weeks for a girl in her early/mid twenties that has had to start her life over again.
My ex-stable mate has found a new stable yard where she is moving/has moved her boy Turkish to and I can only hope the best for her as she takes on lessons and training again. I'm also hoping that she takes her new slate as an opportunity to close the gap between her and her sister.
My ex-stable landlord and her husband are about to set off for a new residence (we hope) in the next month and after all she's done for me and my two boys this year, I hope the coast brings about new peace for her.

It's also almost annual shutdown.
The time of year that I think everyone in my industry counts down to.
It's been hard for us.
And the politics and deceit have been rife between competitors and colleagues alike.
Almost time to close our eyes and just breathe out a sigh of relief!
I think all of us are hoping that next year is better for the industry, ours in particular.

Also... to healing hearts.
A few weeks ago, I lost my gorgeous Loupa, who had been with us for almost 3 years. I know there is no replacement for her. There will always be this space where she's supposed to be and where we want her to be...
To the new addition to our pack, Wagener, who with my other boys, lights up the end of every day for me.

Now... to sign off, I have black cherries to eat and rooibos tea to drink.
I'm also in the middle of this hectic game of Zoo Tycoon 2 >.<

No comments: