Friday, November 2, 2012

Not everything is all serious...

Ah well... every now and again I have to take a break from watching my EXTREME collection of anime while working on jewellery... and click open the ol' winamp.

I'm not as obsessive with my last.fm page, quite to the extent that I am with my twitter... but when I get the time, scouring last.fm for artists and music info is just so satisfying.
It also leads to much happiness after a few minutes of page searches, when I realise that, as metalheads, we don't always take ourselves too seriously.
Because really, have you seen some of these band pictures?
I believe less and less that metalheads are the knive/sword wielding, gun-toting world/people haters that "other people" make us out to be when things go wrong with some kid's mind and he/she goes and kills a few classmates at school.
You may be over sensitive about the subject, but I'm over sensitive on the other side of that fence.
We're nice people... if you bothered to look past your prejudice and see the bunch of clowns that get to laugh at themselves and eachother and just generally take part in jovial matters at the local gigspot.

As extensive as my music collection has become in recent years, I was almost bowled over by only recently (today) discovering a song featuring one of my all time favourite artist's, Skin (vocalist of Skunk Anansie).
Tony Iommi's track "Meat" ..... how did I only find this song NOW?! (considering this album of Iommi's was released in 2000 *cough* )
If you haven't come across this track yet, well, open up your browsers and go get up on this song.
The combination of artistry in this song is just so amazing...

I've also recently gotten myself some "The Pretty Reckless", fronted by blonde "have it all" girl, Taylor Momsen. This girl has such an awesome voice on her!
Loving the their addition to my music collection.

Also... those who don't have me on whatsapp or gtalk... don't know how CRAZY I've been going over Maylene and the Sons of disaster..... if you have me on twitter you'll know how mad I've been over Norma Jean's Meridional album.

Oh music!

...then.. different subject (welcome to how my mind works)
Finally getting somewhere with my whole endeavour to do proofreading and copywriting work. Made progress today AND pretty little Maruchka is designing my Etsy store banner for my typography store:
The Quotable Zoo (see what I did there? ;) )

All in all, I've survived this week far better than last week.
And its 6 weeks and counting to our annual shutdown at work... then I'll have a whole 4 weeks off of work!
Gah.
It almost can't get here quick enough.

No comments: