Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Continued education...

Though late in the year, my stepmom and I have proven that it's never too late to start that dreaded "This year I will..." list.

My step-mother's taken up teaching herself how to play piano (on my ancient battery operated keyboard) and I have, quite successfully, been learning how to write the uncial alphabet (calligraphy).
I've also been doing research on using my sparetime for proofreading... this continues.

Next is writing my learners for a bike license...again.
This is in an effort to get a little vintage style scooter to ride around my little town on.
I kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
Firstly, NO ONE will ever ask me for a lift while I'm using it.
Secondly, I will be going "green" and saving on LITRES of fuel that I would otherwise be using in my car.
Great, right?

I'm slowly endeavoring to get back in the saddle and ride before my Sonny is too far over the hills to ride ever again, but this endeavor involves me shedding much unneeded weight. And it's happening... slowly but surely.

I truly do believe that continued education (even self-education) should never be shunned or disregarded.

  

No comments: