Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Where to begin... and end

The last 19 months have been... a test. A test on my resilience,  my faith, my self respect, my respect for others, my gratitude, my independence...
And my soul stretched and leaned... seemingly all in the right direction.

I feel I'm better equipped to becoming the better person I set out for over 3 years ago.

And just over two weeks ago I started working. At an actual job.
I left bookkeeping (and debtors/creditors clerk positions) far behind me because of opportunities that came my way... and here I am, working less than 21km's from home, for a salary noone believed I would get in this area (and even though its alot less than what I was last earning in a permanent position) .... it's the platform I have been gifted/granted/afforded.
The work has been exhausting, mentally, and even someone as pedantic about numbers as I am... ends the day of 8 non-stop hours with "I'm done. I'm going home"...
And I feel great! Exhausted... but so absolutely great.
Though I will be "purposely serving" during the next few months as I find my way and figure everything out... I will eventually "serve a purpose" and find that great balance between work and personal space again.
I am grateful with a level of relief no words can accurately express.

To have a path again...
Though I can look back at these last 19 months with far more fondness now. As if this is what it was all waiting for.
A non-judgemental,  non corporate entity, to take me on for what I can do.

Life will happen, and sometimes its so easy to get lost in that. So easy to forget you're ALIVE. So easy to stop... so easy to give up.

No comments: