Thursday, June 28, 2012

Words live ...

I'm a metalhead.
I live in and am proud of this culture, with its high tolerance, forgiveness and general awesomeness... yes. Our culture is more layered and deeper than that, but that's for another blog.
I love the music I do because of its honesty, intellegence and the self reflection of it...

I don't listen to radio, other than for traffic reports, before switching right back to my homemade playlist.
The playlist currently on my flashdrive was rather "rush made", but there are true musical gems that I somehow remembered were important enough to have on here.
One of those songs kicked me in the gutts this morning and left me with calm and serenity...

Aerials by System of A Down.

The opening words MUST haunt you constantly if you are trying to make a better person of yourself:

Life is like a waterfall
We're one in the river
And one again after the fall...

I've had to work harder than I have in months to fight off the urge to use guilt trips on people.
This week I've also had to work even harder at being considerate and patient towards other human beings.

Other people may treat you like trash...but that's no excuse to allow yourself to become like them.

...this is a rather serious post for me to write...but fire and brimstone preachings can be therapeutic.

Now...onward to Friday and smiles.

No comments: